Spinach and Corn Pancakes
Vegetables in a pancake? Serve this fun side dish with most chicken, meat, or fish dishes.
PREP TIME :
- ½ C whole- wheat flour
- 1 C fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 C frozen whole corn kernels, thawed
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine milk, oil, and eggs, and mix well. Add milk mixture to flour, and mix until smooth.
- Add spinach, corn, and pepper to mixture, and stir well.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan or griddle. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter ¼ cup at a time onto the pan. Cook each pancake for 2–3 minutes, or until the bottom holds together and is golden brown. Carefully flip and cook the second side for an additional 1–2 minutes. (Recipe makes about 16–18 pancakes.)
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 227, Total fat 10 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 107 mg, Sodium 128 mg, Total fiber 4 g, Protein 11 g, Carbohydrates 27 g, Potassium 391 mg, Vitamin A 110%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.