Strawberry Chia Smoothie
Smoothies aren’t just a summer fad. This breakfast blend of fruit, milk and seeds is full of protein, calcium and fiber to get your day started right.
PREP TIME :
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 4 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. strawberry fruit spread, or to taste
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In blender, place milk and chia seeds and let sit while measuring remaining ingredients.
- Add strawberries, preserves, orange zest, ginger and vanilla to blender.
- Whirl on high speed until smoothie is blended and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
249 calories, 5 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat), 44 g carbohydrate,
9 g protein, 9 g dietary fiber, 90 mg sodium.