Strawberry Crepes with Greek Yogurt Creme
Here’s a great recipe for those who love eating crepes!
PREP TIME :
- 1 ½ cups low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 3 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and melted and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and a pinch of salt. Slowly add in the flour to the milk mixture and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the greek yogurt, cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk using hand-beaters until light and fluffly. Set aside.
- Heat a small non-stick pan or crepe pan over medium heat. Add butter to coat or spray with cooking spray.
- Pour 1 generous ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 20 seconds and remove to a cutting board or flat surface. Continue until all batter is gone.
- To assemble, dollop 1 heaping tablespoon of filling onto the crepes and roll. Continue with rest of crepes. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries and serve immediately.
- Leftover crepes can be refrigerated or frozen. After crepes have cooled completely, stack and store in sealable plastic bags in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to two months.
- When using frozen crepes, thaw on a rack before gently peeling apart.
Nutrition (per serving):
Total Fat 9 g 14%
Cholesterol 84 mg 28%
Sodium 119 mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 28 g 9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Protein 8 g 16%