Summer Grilled Balsamic Veggies
This versatile recipe is simple, flavorful and our new grilling go-to. Made with a variety of bell peppers, summer squash and mushrooms, your version can use any seasonal produce.
PREP TIME :
- 3 medium bell peppers, chopped (any color works red, yellow and orange)
- 2 medium zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 1 container baby bella mushrooms (~8 oz)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced (or 1/4 cup pre-made balsamic reduction)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Place chopped vegetables and mushrooms in large mixing bowl. Toss with oil and salt and pepper, if using, to coat evenly. Add vegetables to a grill basket and grill over medium heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender. If you don’t have a grill, spread vegetables evenly over 1-2 baking sheets and roast for 20 minutes at 400°F, stirring after 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium/low and let vinegar simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The reduction is done when vinegar has thickened enough to lightly coat the spoon. Let the balsamic glaze cool (at room temperature or in fridge); it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- To serve, drizzle glaze over roasted veggies and garnish with chopped fresh basil.
Nutrition (per serving):
78 calories, 4 g total fat ( 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein, 4 g dietary fiber, 30 mg sodium.