Tangy, not spicy, this salsa will appeal to most—try it with the Empaňapita or as a dip with veggies or baked chips.
PREP TIME :
- ½ C jarred roasted red peppers, drained and diced (or substitute fresh roasted red peppers; see tip below) (Leftover Friendly)
- ½ C no-salt-added diced tomatoes (or substitute 1 medium tomato, chopped)
- 1 small lime, peeled and cut into small chunks
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, rinsed and chopped (or substitute 1 tsp dried coriander)
- Combine all ingredients, and toss well.
- Best to allow 1–2 hours for flavors to settle before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 23, Total fat 0 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 68 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 0 g, Carbohydrates 4 g, Potassium 18 mg, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.