Sweet Potato Custard
A flavorful custard that’s tasty and healthy.
PREP TIME :
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 C mashed cooked sweet potato
- ½ C mashed banana (about 2 small)
- 1 C evaporated skim milk
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 beaten egg yolks (or ⅓ C egg substitute; if using egg substitite, cholesterol will be lower)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ C raisins
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. Spray a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana. Add milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
- Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 144, Total fat 2 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 92 mg, Sodium 235 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.