This tasty wrap is chock-full of yummy beans and vegetables and a great source
PREP TIME :
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 can (15½ oz) low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ avocado, peeled and diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ C chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1 C fat-free sour cream
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 8 Tbsp Fresh Salsa
- In a nonstick pan, sauté the peppers and onion in the canola oil for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add beans, and stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and chili powder. Reserve half of the mixture for topping.
- Add sour cream to beans, and mix well.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave or in a pan on the stovetop.
- Fill a warmed tortilla with ¼ bean mixture and ¼ avocado mixture. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of salsa over the bean and avocado mixture. Fold ends of the tortilla over, and roll up to make wraps.
- Top the veggie wraps with remaining avocado mixture. Follow this process for the three other wraps.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 367, Total fat 6 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 318 mg, Total fiber 14 g, Protein 16 g, Carbohydrates 66 g, Potassium 976 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.