Watermelon and Tomato Salad
A perfect mixture of tangy and sweet.
PREP TIME :
- 2 large tomatoes, rinsed and cut into 6 slices each
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar (or substitute apple cider vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 4 C diced watermelon, with seeds removed (about half a small melon, rinsed)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Arrange three tomato slices on each of four salad plates.
- Combine vinegar, oil, and basil in a bowl, and mix well.
- Add watermelon, and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon watermelon over the tomatoes.
- Top with salt and pepper, and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 96, Total fat 4 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 127 mg, Total fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, Carbohydrates 16 g, Potassium 390 mg, Vitamin A 35, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 2%, Iran 10%.