Whole-Wheat Pasta with Ricotta, Roasted Garlic and Walnuts
This easy summer dinner only needs 5 main ingredients and requires minimal prep work, making it perfect for those long summer days.
PREP TIME :
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 oz. whole-wheat fusilli, rotini, or papardelle
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 6-8 roasted garlic cloves (recipe on the blog)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread walnuts on small baking sheet and toast until fragrant and lightly browned, 10 minutes, stirring nuts after 5 minutes. Set nuts aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, in bowl, combine ricotta and garlic. Using back of spoon, cream them together until mixture is creamy and light. Mix in Parmigiano cheese and set aside.
- Drain pasta, leaving some moisture in spirals. In mixing bowl, combine pasta with oil. Divide pasta among 4 bowls. With spoon, drop cheese mixture in 5 dollops on top of pasta in each bowl. Garnish with generous amount of pepper, toasted walnuts and parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
430 calories, 17 g total fat (4.5 g saturated fat),
48 g carbohydrate, 20 g protein, 6 g dietary fiber, 320 mg sodium.