Wowy Maui Pasta Salad
Try this flavorful side dish with the Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken—or it's perfect for a summer party!
PREP TIME :
- 2 C dry whole-wheat rotini (spiral) pasta (8 oz)
- 1 C fresh or frozen snow peapods, sliced thinly on an angle (julienned)
- ½ C cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ C carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks in juice, diced; set aside ¼ C juice
- ½ C fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, cool, and set aside.
- In the meantime, place peapods in a microwavable dish, add enough water to keep moist, and microwave for 1–2 minutes, or until warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl, and toss gently.
- Add cooked pasta and peapods, and toss gently to coat the pasta.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later use.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 273, Total fat 2 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Sodium 171 mg, Total fiber 7 g, Protein 10 g, Carbohydrates 56 g, Potassium 207 mg, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.