Wiki Fast Rice
Wiki means "fast" in Hawaiian, and this dish fits the bill—it's quick and easy to make
PREP TIME :
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced (about 3 cloves) (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (or ¼ tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp scallions (green onions), rinsed and minced
- ½ C canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 C cooked mixed vegetables (or ½ bag frozen stir-fry vegetable mix) (Leftover Friendly)
- 2 C cooked brown rice (Leftover Friendly)
- 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Heat canola oil in a large wok or sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and scallions, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add water chestnuts, and continue to cook until they begin to soften, another 1–2 minutes.
- Add vegetables, and toss until heated through, about 2–3 minutes (or up to 5 minutes for frozen vegetables).
- Add rice, and continue to cook until hot, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss well, and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 179, Total fat 6 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 113 mg, Total fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 29 g, Potassium 88 mg, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.