Here’s a great recipe for those who loves Zucchini.
PREP TIME :
1 HOUR 5 MINS
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for baking dish
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 c. ricotta
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced basil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. marinara
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a large baking dish with olive oil.
- Make the noodles: Slice two sides of each zucchini lengthwise to create two flat sides. Using a vegetable peeler, slice each zucchini into thin flat strips, peeling until you reach the center. These are your “noodles.”
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, egg, 2 tablespoons basil, garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the ravioli: Lay two strips of zucchini noodles so that they overlap lengthwise. Lay two more noodles on top, perpendicular to the first strips. You should end up with a “T” shape. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of the zucchini. Bring the ends of the strips together to fold over the center, working one side at a time. Turn ravioli over and place in the baking dish seam-side down. Repeat with remaining zucchini and filling. Pour marinara around zucchini and top ravioli with mozzarella.
- Bake until zucchini noodles are “al dente” and the cheese is melty and golden on top, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining basil and Parmesan before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
220 calories, 17 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 12 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 500 mg sodium