Baked Pork Chops
You can really sink your chops into these—they’re made spicy and moist with
egg whites, evaporated milk, and a lively blend of herbs.
PREP TIME :
- 6 lean center-cut pork chops, ½- inch thick*
- 1 egg white (or substitute liquid egg white)
- 1 C fat-free evaporated milk
- ¾ C corn flake crumbs
- ¼ C breadcrumbs
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- Beat together egg white and evaporated milk. Place pork chops in milk mixture, and let stand for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, mix corn flake crumbs, breadcrumbs, spices, and salt.
- Spray cooking spray on 13- by 9-inch baking pan.
- Remove pork chops from milk mixture, and coat thoroughly with crumb mixture.
- Place pork chops in pan, and bake at 375 °F for 20 minutes.Turn chops and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until pork is fully cooked (to a minimum internal temperature of 160 °F).
- Serve immediately.
Tip: Try with baked potatoes and Roasted Beets With Orange Sauce.
* Also try this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken or turkey parts, or fish—bake for just 20 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 216, Total fat 8 g, Saturated fat 3 g, Cholesterol 62 mg, Sodium 346 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 25 g, Carbohydrates 10 g, Potassium 414 mg.