Berry Nutty Breakfast Parfait
Build a breakfast sure to please this Mother’s Day. This simple but elegant recipe is easy enough for children to prepare and serve. Give the gift of health with these cancer-fighting compounds like fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and anthocyanins.
PREP TIME :
- 2 cups blueberries and/or blackberries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. honey, softened by placing the jar in a pan of water over low heat
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola
- 4 Tbsp. chopped walnuts (pecans or almonds can be substituted)
- Place berries in mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with softened honey and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt into four parfait glasses (tall, narrow wine glasses will do) and top with layer of berry mixture.
- Repeat layers with remaining yogurt and berry mix.
- Top with granola and nuts. Serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
257 calories, 8 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 g carbohydrate, 10 g protein, 5 g dietary fiber, 118 mg sodium.