Brussels Sprout Slaw with Cranberries and Walnuts
No other vegetable has caused such controversy at the dinner table. Some may love their fresh sweetness, while others loathe their tangy bitterness.
PREP TIME :
- 3/4 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1 Fuji or Gala apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (see Notes)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Trim bottom from sprouts and remove any loose or bruised leaves. Place shredding disc or fine slicing disc in food processor, and using feeder tube, gradually shred Brussels sprouts; there will be about 4 1/2 cups (see Notes). Transfer shredded sprouts to mixing bowl.
- Add apple, cranberries, walnuts, salt, pepper and lemon juice and stir with a fork for 1 minute to combine well. Add oil and stir well. Cover and refrigerate slaw for 3 hours to overnight. Re-stir before serving. This slaw is best served within 24 hours.
Nutrition (per serving):
120 calories, 7 g fat (1 g sat fat), 16 g carbohydrates,
3 g protein, 3 g fiber, 130 mg sodium.