A bit of margarine and some orange juice make this dish sweet.
PREP TIME :
- 3 medium yams (1½ C)
- ¼ C brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp flour, sifted
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tsp soft tub margarine
- ½ C orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cut yams in half and boil until tender, but firm (about 20 minutes). When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into ¼-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel.
- Place half of sliced yams in a medium-sized casserole dish. Sprinkle with half of the spiced sugar mixture. Dot with half the amount of margarine.
- Add second layer of yams, topping with the rest of the ingredients. Add orange juice.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 110, Total fat 0 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Total fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g, Carbohydrates 25 g, Potassium 344 mg.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.