Few ingredients, but plenty of flavor, make this an easy and elegant recipe.
PREP TIME :
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ C flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- ½ C Marsala wine
- Fresh lemon juice, from ½ lemon
- ½ C chicken stock (skim fat from top)
- ½ C sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Mix together black pepper, salt, and flour. Coat chicken breasts with seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and brown on both sides. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- To the skillet, add wine and stir until the wine is heated. Add lemon juice, chicken stock, and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes, until the sauce is partially reduced.
- Return the browned chicken breasts to the skillet. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 277, Total fat 8 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 77 mg, Sodium 304 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.