Finger Licking Curried Chicken
The name tells all—ginger and curry powder make it irresistible.
PREP TIME :
1 HOUR 30 MINS
- 8 pieces skinless chicken (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 stalk scallion (green onion), chopped
- 1 Tbsp hot pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C water
- 1 medium white potato, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- In a bowl, mix together curry powder, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, ginger, and salt.
- Toss chicken in the seasoning mixture. Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and sauté.
- Add water, and allow chicken to cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add onion, and cook for 15 minutes more or until meat is tender. Serve warm.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 134. Total fat 4 g. Saturated fat 1 g. Cholesterol 49 mg, Sodium 279 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 17 g, Carbohydrates 7 g, Potassium 302 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.