Fried Rice and Chicken
Use leftovers from the Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken to make this quick and easy
PREP TIME :
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
- 1 C no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with juice drained
- 4 C assorted vegetables (or a 1-lb bag frozen mixed vegetables) (Leftover Friendly)
- 2 C cooked brown rice (Leftover Friendly)
- 1 C cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced (Leftover Friendly)
- ¼ C sauce from Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken
- 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- Heat oil in a large wok or sauté pan.
- Add garlic, and cook over medium heat until soft, but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, and continue to cook until they become slightly dry, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables, and cook until heated through, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add rice and chicken. Toss well, and cook until heated through, about 5–7 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss to incorporate, and serve.
Note: Substitute cooking spray for vegetable oil and save calories and fat.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 407, Total fat 8 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 394 mg, Total fiber 11 g, Protein 22 g, Carbohydrates 66 g, Potassium 679 mg, Vitamin A 360%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 10%, Iron 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.