An easy-to-prepare and low-cost recipe that delivers rich flavors.
PREP TIME :
- 1 lb red snapper
- 4 tsp corn oil
- ¼ C flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 or 4 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- ½ C water
- ½ C egg whites, beaten
- Dash ground black pepper
- 15 stalks green onions, chopped
- Clean fish very well. Remove scales and gills, and wash thoroughly. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the raw fish into six pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the flour into a bowl or plastic bag. Place the raw fish in the flour and cover the outside of each fish with flour.
- Sauté fish until golden brown. Set aside on top of a paper towel.
- Sauté onion and tomatoes. Add ½ cup of water.
- Add the beaten egg whites and fish. Cover, and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 170, Total fat 4 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Total fiber 3 g, Protein 20 g, Carbohydrates 13 g, Potassium 600 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.