Flavorful Green Beans
The seasonings are perfect companions to the green beans.
PREP TIME :
- 2 lb fresh green beans
- ½ C cold water
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ⅓ C chopped onions
- 4 cloves, garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Rinse green beans and snap off tips.
- Place green beans in a large pot and add ½ cup of cold water.
- Cook green beans on stovetop over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Spray a sauté pan with cooking spray, and sauté the chopped onions and garlic for 5 minutes, or until they are tender and very lightly browned.
- Add onions, garlic, and black pepper to green beans. Spray the cooking spray over mixture, and cook on medium heat for another 20 minutes or until green beans are tender, but not soft. Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle dried basil and oregano over green beans. Mix and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 40, Total fat 0 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 12 mg, Total fiber 4 g, Protein 2 g, Carbohydrates 9 g, Potassium 179 mg.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.