Gluten-Free Broccoli-Crust Pizza
Here’s a great recipe for those who run at the sight of a vegetable! Hide it with cheese, because let’s face it, just about everything tastes better with cheese.
Pro Tip: Wringing out the steamed broccoli insures the cheesy bread is crisp, not soggy.
PREP TIME :
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 c. Parmesan, divided
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. marinara sauce
- 1/4 c. pepperoni
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse steamed broccoli until grated. Squeeze water out. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and add egg, 1 cup mozzarella, and ¼ cup Parmesan. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer dough to a parchment-lined, greased baking sheet and shape into a thin, round crust. Bake until golden and dried out, 20 minutes.
- Top with marinara, remaining cheeses and pepperoni, and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy, 10 minutes more. Garnish with basil.
Nutrition (per serving):
320 calories, 17 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 12 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 500 mg sodium