Grilled Chicken With Green Chile Sauce
Marinate meats to make them tender without adding a lot of fat.
PREP TIME :
- ¼ C olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes, divided
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ C water
- 10 to 12 tomatillos, husks removed and cut in half
- ½ medium onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 serrano or jalapeno peppers
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ C low-fat sour cream (or Sour Cream Substitute)
- Combine the olive oil, juice from one lime, oregano, and black pepper in a shallow glass baking dish. Stir.
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and turn to coat each side. Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight. Turn the chicken periodically to marinate chicken on both sides.
- Combine ¼ cup water, tomatillos, and onion in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the tomatillos are tender.
- Put the cooked onion, tomatillos, and any remaining water into a blender. Add the garlic, peppers, cilantro, salt, and remaining lime juice. Blend until all the ingredients are smooth. Pour the sauce into a bowl and refrigerate until serving.
- Grill the chicken breasts over high heat until done.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter. Spoon a tablespoon of low-fat sour cream over each chicken breast, then pour the sauce over the sour cream.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 192, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 71 mg, Sodium 220 mg, Calcium 53 mg, Iron 2 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.