Update your homestyle biscuits with this easy, low-fat recipe.
PREP TIME :
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ⅔ C low-fat (1 percent) buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp + 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk and oil. Pour over flour mixture and stir until well mixed.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10–12 strokes. Roll or pat dough to ¾-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch round biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cookie cutter in flour between cuts. Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 99, Total fat 3 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 72 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g, Carbohydrates 15 g, Potassium 102 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.