Mouth Watering Oven Fried Fish
This heart healthy dish can be made with many kinds of fish—to be enjoyed over and over.
- 2 lb fish fillets
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ C fat-free or 1 percent buttermilk
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ C cornflakes, crumbled, or regular bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 fresh lemon, cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 475 °F.
- Clean and rinse fish. Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot sauce, and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Combine white pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflakes, and spread on a plate.
- Let fillets sit briefly in milk mixture. Remove a fillet, coat on both sides with seasoned crumbs, and let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish. Repeat for all fillets.
- Arrange fillets on a lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 183, Total fat 2 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 325 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 30 g, Carbohydrates 10 g, Potassium 453 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.