Red Snapper Provencal
A crispy, Mediterranean-style fish fillet with tomatoes, olives, and anchovies.
PREP TIME :
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz red snapper, bass, or tilapia fillets, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- 1½ Tbsp garlic, minced (about 3–4 cloves)
- ½ C low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 C canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- ¼ C black olives, sliced
- ½ Tbsp anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (or ½ Tbsp dried)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottom sauté pan.
- Add fillets, and sauté over high heat for 4–5 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
- Remove fillets from the pan, cover to keep warm, and set aside. Drain excess fat from pan, but do not clean.
- Add garlic to sauté pan, and cook for about 30 seconds, until it begins to soften. Do not brown.
- Add chicken broth to the pan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add remaining ingredients, and return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve each fish fillet with ½ cup of sauce.
Tip: Try serving with a side of steamed broccoli and crusty bread or Whole-Wheat Bow Tie Pasta With Puttanesca Sauce.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 216, Total fat 10 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 43 mg, Sodium 341 mg, Total fiber 2 g, Protein 25 g, Carbohydrates 6 g, Potassium 518 mg.