Spinach Stuffed Sole
Heart healthy doesn't have to mean plain cooking, as this wow-inspiring dish shows.
PREP TIME :
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ lb fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ tsp oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ lb fillets of sole or other white fish
- 2 Tbsp sherry 4 oz (1 C) part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Spray a 10×6-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet; sauté the mushrooms for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach, and continue cooking for about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat; drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
- Add oregano and garlic to drained sautéed vegetables; stir to mix ingredients.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets, placing filling in center of each fillet.
- Roll fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part. Lift out with a slotted spoon, and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 262, Total fat 8 g, Saturated fat 4 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 312 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.