Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls (Gỏi Cuốn)
Quick and refreshing—the perfect appetizer.
PREP TIME :
- 1 C carrots, cut into long, thin strips
- 2 C bean sprouts
- 2 C cucumber, seeded and cut into long, thin strips
- 1 C minced scallions
- ½ C chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ C chopped fresh mint
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- Toss first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Soak one rice paper wrapper in warm water until soft (1 to 2 minutes). Shake off excess water.
- Place vegetable filling off-center on rice paper, and fold like an egg roll (tuck in the sides to keep the filling inside).
- Repeat with remaining vegetable filling and rice paper wrappers.
- Once you have assembled all of the spring rolls, serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 70, Total fat 1 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 28 mg, Total fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, Carbohydrates 16 g, Potassium 161 mg, Calcium 25 mg, Iron 1 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.