Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Never buy bottled dressing again—enjoy this easy-to-make and healthier
vinaigrette (oil and vinegar dressing).
PREP TIME :
- 1 bulb garlic, separated and peeled
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Place the garlic cloves into a small saucepan and add enough water (about ½ cup) to cover them.
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until garlic is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the liquid to 2 tablespoons and increase the heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a small sieve over a glass or stainless steel bowl, and with a wooden spoon, mash the garlic through the sieve into the bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar into the garlic mixture; then incorporate the oil and seasonings, and mix thoroughly.
- Let stand for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk immediately before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 33, Total fat 3 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 1 mg, Total fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, Carbohydrates 1 g, Potassium 6 mg, Calcium 3 mg, Magnesium 1 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.