This easy dessert is a simple take on a summertime staple. Watermelon packs vitamins C and A and lycopene, a potent antioxidant.
PREP TIME :
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp. sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. cubed seedless watermelon
- Mint leaves for garnish, if desired
- Using fine grater, scrape outer green part of limes’ skin (the “zest”). In small bowl, combine zest, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1/4 cup of juice from limes. In small saucepan, combine remaining sugar with 1/3 cup water. Bring mixture to boil. When sugar is dissolved, add zest mixture. Remove from heat, stir and cool to room temperature.
- In blender or food processor, puree melon to make 3 cups liquid. Place in 9″x 9″ metal pan. Blend in syrup. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer. Freeze until slightly hard, 6-8 hours; stir. Before serving, scrape well with fork and scoop into serving bowls.
- Garnish with mint if desired and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
70 calories, 0 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 g dietary fiber, 1 g protein, 0 mg sodium.