A heart healthy variation of this family favorite!
PREP TIME :
- 1 lb lean beef (top round)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- ¾ Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- ¼ tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ C white wine
- 1 C nonfat plain yogurt
- 6 C cooked macaroni, cooked in unsalted water
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a nonstick skillet, and sauté onion for 2 minutes.
- Add beef to skillet and sauté for an additional 5 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Remove from skillet and keep hot.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; sauté mushrooms.
- Add beef and onions to pan, along with seasonings.
- Add wine and yogurt; gently stir in. Heat, but do not boil.
- Serve with macaroni.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 499, Total fat 10 g, Saturated fat 3 g, Cholesterol 79 mg, Sodium 200 mg.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.