Ground Turkey Bolognese
Here’s a great recipe for those who love turkey.
PREP TIME :
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 c. dry white or red wine
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, make bolognese: In a large skillet or pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink, 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add crushed tomatoes, wine, parsley, and dried oregano.
- Let simmer until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss with cooked angel hair.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.
Nutrition (per serving):
420 calories, 17 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 12 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 500 mg sodium