Linguini With Clam Sauce
A simple, yet timeless classic.
PREP TIME :
- 12 oz whole-wheat linguini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 C canned whole clams, undrained
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced (or 2 tsp dried)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add linguine, and cook according to package directions for the shortest recommended time, about 9 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic, and cook gently until it begins to soften, about 30 seconds. Do not brown.
- Add lemon juice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add clams, along with liquid, parsley, salt, pepper, and butter. Simmer just until heated through, about 1–2 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Strain the linguine, then add the pasta to the saucepan with the clams and mix well.
- Divide into four equal portions (each about 2½ cups), and serve.
Tip: Lovely served with Grilled Romaine Lettuce With Caesar Dressing.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 476, Total fat 9 g, Saturated fat 3 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Sodium 262 mg, Total fiber 11 g, Protein 34 g, Carbohydrates 66 g, Potassium 681 mg.