Summer Vegetable Spaghetti
This lively vegetarian pasta dish contains no added fat or oil, is low in
cholesterol, and is good hot or cold.
PREP TIME :
- 2 C small yellow onions, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 C chopped, peeled, ripe tomatoes (about 1 lb)
- 2 C thinly sliced yellow and green squash (about 1 lb)
- 1½ C fresh green beans, trimmed (about ½ lb)
- ⅔ C water
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 can (6 oz) no-salt- added tomato paste
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large saucepan; cook for 10 minutes, then stir in the tomato paste. Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Cook spaghetti in unsalted water according to package directions. Drain well.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 279, Total fat 3 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Sodium 173 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.