Tilapia Crusted with Almonds and Whole Wheat
Breading and baking fish is a healthy way to infuse flavor and keep it moist. Tilapia is a mild white fish that pairs well with fresh Italian herbs and packs healthy protein.
PREP TIME :
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried parsley or 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. whole almonds (about 14-15 nuts)
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1 lb. tilapia
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat egg in mixing bowl and add lemon juice, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, parsley, and salt and pepper, combining well.
- Process almonds and bread crumbs together in food processor or blender to a medium coarse crumb. Transfer to bowl.
- Dip fish into egg mixture. Then dredge in crumb-nut mixture, coating both sides well. Place breaded fillets on prepared cooking dish.
- Bake for 17 minutes and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
265 calories, 9 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 15 g carbohydrate,
30 g protein, 1 g dietary fiber, 226 mg sodium.